Almost Free: Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Almost Free: Panasonic VIERA TC-P50GT25 50-inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV

Posted by Linda | 1:09 PM

This is the first Panasonic TV I have ever owned. After this experience, I will seek out Panasonic for future purchases, and I would order through Amazon again.

Several months ago (Jan. 2011), I spent more time than anyone should researching which model should be my first flat panel TV - yes, I was the last person in America to buy a flat panel (I had a rare Sony tube with impeccable HD picture quality). I learned that there were 47 different models to choose from just in the 46-50 inch category across the major manufacturers. LCD/LED/Plasma/DLP... Daunting.

My primary goal was that I wanted exceptional picture quality. My secondary goal - I really wanted exceptional picture quality - not explanations to why I was finding fault with what I was seeing on the screen. Sports, movies, nature shows, gaming. 3d was intriguing, but not a priority. Most high end sets with strong picture quality are going to have 3d, which is how I ended up with the p50gt25. There was lots of press and raving about the next model up, the VT25, but the p50gt25 finds a perfect sweet spot of quality and price.

I started reading about detailed information, advanced testing, gritty technical details. I thought I needed that information to make the right selection. Maybe I did, but in the end I'm not a guy who brings a set home and runs excessive tests to see if they meet the advertised benchmark data. I'm a guy who watches the TV and either finds fault (and regret) with what I see or I enjoy a visually stimulating experience.

8 month in and I still find myself in awe of the picture quality on this TV. My wife is tired of hearing me mutter "I really love this TV." Absolutely no regrets, this was the right TV for me. Highly recommended.

I will admit that the sound on this set probably falls short of what other models are capable of. A non-issue when I watch movies or gaming through the surround system. Sound wasn't nearly as important for me as picture quality. Also, I've spent maybe 2% of my time on this set with 3d content, and I'd say it's a mixed bag, but that seems to be as much related to the content as the TV. Avatar was very enjoyable. Some scenes within the content are stunning, others not so much. I understand Panny has new glasses models that brighten the 3d image, and I'd be interested in that. If 3d is your top priority, I can't properly comment on how this set compares other than to say that my experience is fairly enjoyable.

Some advice - don't judge picture quality in a retail store. Don't even try to. Bad TVs will look good, good TVs may look bad. There's a reason why they most expensive models are in a dark room set up in a way where there isn't 4 other TVs around it in your line of site. And get that picture mode off "Vivid" as soon as you get it home! As a photographer, I find the THX mode is the right setting for me to accentuate colors while not losing details in the shadows for impeccable picture quality.

I do more online shopping than most, but was hesitant on this purchase. Even tried to get local retailers to come close to the price Amazon had on the bundle, but they wouldn't. I made the leap, ordered through Amazon - delivery and setup were flawless. Excellent experience, highly recommended, AND saved a lot of money.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...