Rush 2112 : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Rush 2112

Posted by Linda | 12:10 PM

Ok, I bought this album later after I had Moving Pictures and Signals, and this is one of the better ones. I love this record and Rush is a band that has TRULY EARNED popularity. I'm not gonna get into this topic, but if you wanna know why, watch the documentary: Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage. 2112 really captures what Rush had been trying to make since the addition of Neil Peart (Best Drummer in History). There won't ever be another voice even remotely close to Geddy Lee because no one in their right mind would wanna sing like that! I mean Geddy is amazing but I don't think anyone would wanna sing like that!

Music:

Back then, regardless of what those idiot critics said, this was a ground-breaking and innovative album; Rush have become the true masters of Progressive Rock.

1. 2112- This was the first epic I ever heard and it's also got the coolest drumming on anything that was made before Dream Theater, Symphony X, Kamelot, and Stratovarius were formed. Very good song!

2. A Passage to Bangkok- A catchy little tune...perfect for traveling. Haha!

3. The Twilight Zone- A slower paced song but never the less, a Rush Classic.

4. Lessons- It's an ok song, but I don't really care for it.

5. Tears- I LOVE this song! Until I heard this, I didn't know that Rush did ballads and pretty songs. This might just be the best song on the album! Yes even better than the very innovative 2112!

6. Something for Nothing- A pretty catchy song with a good message.

Verdict: A very good album from the 70's that deserves respect! If you like Dream Theater, Iron Maiden or any metal band, then you have to respect these guys because all metal looks back to these 3 dudes. Not kidding...the documentary has people that Rush influence on there like Mike Portnoy, Trent Razor, Jack Black, and the list goes on...

Very good album and I recommend it to prog fans and people who like 70's classics.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...