OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

OBi110 Voice Service Bridge and VoIP Telephone Adapter

Posted by Linda | 3:36 PM

I was looking for a cost effective way to have a home phone for the kids to use after cutting the traditional land-line. By using Google Voice and Callcentric (for 911), this solved my issue.

I now pay around $1.50 per month for 911 service and nothing for Google Voice. Quality of call is good and I get all the nice features found with Google Voice. I tested the 911 service by first calling the counties non-emergency line and asking how to test. Then called 911 with the script they provided. They read me back my name and address and everything worked great.

Set-up wasn't that straightforward but there are some good online articles on the topic that will be a great help.

I do realize if the power goes out or if the Internet connection goes down, so does my ability to call. I am guessing that 99% of the time, we will be around when that happens and we can use one of our cell phones to call 911 if needed.

High marks on this device and am very pleased I don't have to be in another cell phone contract (or pay as you go) and don't have to pay the high monthly land-line fees. Not sure why anyone would go with Vonage either. There are other options on the market, but I think this VoIP Telephone Adapter is one of the best out there right now.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...