Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer (4894B002) : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Canon Pixma MX882 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer (4894B002)

Posted by Linda | 4:18 PM

This Canon replaced a non-wireless Canon for my family and, as of right now, I'm definitely happy with it (my parents are enjoying my old Canon, which is still trucking along quite well!). I wanted this one because it's wireless and, as I use a laptop and move around my house and outside, I really wanted it for its wire-free features. It was a pain to have to plug in to print and wait there until the printing was done. I felt a bit chained in place with my old Canon. With this one, I'm all set.

The set-up for the wireless feature was relatively simple and, as soon as it was all installed, I was good to go! Wow. So much easier to just press print and have my stuff print in the other room, rather than going in to connect (Wow. I'm so spoiled with all this technology. Heaven forbid I should have to get up and plug in a plug. Still...I like being spoiled in this way!). Now, if you're an Ethernet person, you'll have to go back and forth between it and the wireless but, since I'm a wireless/USB chick, I was all good. (Don't know if that's something they're going to fix or what but, there you go.)

Since there are five ink cartridges instead of just two, my colors are so much crisper and clearer. I love the pictures that I've been able to scan and print. While the scanner isn't the fastest thing in the world, it's so nice to be able to scan in old pictures and send them to family and friends. It's like reliving the old days, looking at those. I can't wait until I have a chunk of time to upload a bunch more and post them for everyone. Plus, when I run out of a certain color, I just have to replace that one cartridge, rather than the whole "color cartridge".

When printing on just regular paper (make sure you don't get the cheapest kind or it'll jam up on you), the speed seems a bit slow but that's probably because I'm used to the laser printer at work, which just spits them out. However, it's not any slower than my other Canon and the pages look even better (both black and white and color). I guess if I'm going to continue to print large documents and I want speed, I'll have to upgrade. But, for now, this printer is more than capable and does a bang-up job.

Because I don't have a land line anymore (I went the way of the cell-only crowd), I was unable to try out the fax but, since I don't really fax anything, that wasn't a selling point for me anyway. If you're interested in this feature, check out some of the other reviews who address this aspect of the printer.

All in all, I'm quite satisfied with my new Canon in its pretty black shell (which is a huge dust-collector but oh, well. It forces me to be a better housekeeper...or not.)

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...