Fifty Shades of Grey just wasn't enough storyline for me : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

Fifty Shades of Grey just wasn't enough storyline for me

Posted by Linda | 1:01 PM

My sister harrassed me and my husband for weeks about getting this book. We were in Costco and my husband pointed the book out to me so I decided to buy the first book to see what all the fuss was about. I decided against the 3 pack bundle and I am so glad I did.

First off the book is an extremely easy read, however, it is repetitive as other reviewers have stated. Also, unbelieveable as other reviewers mentioned....a 27 year old owning a company with 40,000 employees? Come on now...I work for a company with 50,000 employees and my company is several decades old. You don't just start up and own a business of that magnitude in just a few years...I have my MBA but it doesn't take one to figure out that it is total B/S. I am all about willfull suspension of belief but geez... make it a little more believable.

I had high hopes for the book, however, it is just too adolescent for me. I am 33 years old and I couldn't get over the fact that a middle aged woman who is an executive in the television industry wrote this. It makes me wonder how in the heck she got an executive job.

Ok...about the book: Sex, sex, sex, and little plot. This is my first erotica book and I found myself wanting more of a storyline. At first the erotic scenes were hot but then they became repetitive like the rest of the book. I wanted to find out more about Christian in the first book and wanted to find out how he felt about her (Ana) but the ending entailed him beating the shit out of her (Ana) with a belt because she wanted to see "how bad it could be". Then finally she stood up for herself and left him. As a strong woman myself...I decided I liked that ending and decided not to read the other books. I am a hopeless romantic and "The Notebook" is my favorite book which is also an easy read but not to the degree of simplicity and repetitive nature of this book.

Am I mad I wasted my time reading the book...no atleast I know what all the hype is about now. It did make me realize how lucky I am that I have my loving husband so I gave it an extra star for that. I won't bother reading the other two books...I will just google the ending to find out instead of reading through all of the repetitive jargon and lip biting, frowning, smirking, etc. I don't have much time to read...I have 2 small children and I work so if/when I do read a book, the next one will have more of a storyline.

I don't recommend buying the book...borrow it or get it at the library if you want to know what all the fuss is about.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...