The Traffic in The Last Couple of Months : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

The Traffic in The Last Couple of Months

Posted by Linda | 8:07 AM

I guess the G's Panda recent update has not only hit the big boys, but us small time marketers have felt the pinch as well. The traffic to this blog has dropped by 73% in the last month or so. That is a very huge drop in traffic in anyone's book...you don't have to be promoting any product or service to know what that means.

Some of us rely on good and decent traffic and without it your content and product will not be found; any one who has been in the affiliate business knows exactly what I'm talking about. We spend months and in some cases, years building relationships online just to bring people to our blogs and sites. Some of us even spent a great deal of resources on producing quality content and information of good value that people need, but when another company decides to remove your site from the front page, it can be very hard.

I started noticing the drop in traffic when orders for Eureka 313A Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer stopped literally overnight. I used to see at least 13 searches come in every week and out of those numbers, 2 would place and order. But that has now stopped. So, I thought I would check the logs in case there was something wrong with my code, it was then I realised that search has tailed off overnight.

Mind you, my post used to come up at #3 on the front page - it has now vanished along with many other good quality articles. So, to run a little experiment in an effort to restore the page, I have removed most of the content and modified it a bit. As always, I will give it some time and see if any thing happens next.

I don't know about you, but I don't like to waste anytime on something that's not showing signs of improvement. If after a couple of weeks it does not move back to the front page, I will have to abandon it.

There are other areas and products that I need to experiment with that have done very well in the past. Some have made me even more income than others. For example, I recently blogged about how I made $800 promoting just one product. It demonstrates what could be achieved if you focused your attention on quality products.

So, the next couple of weeks, I have decided to put all my SEO campaigns on hold until there's a visible improvements.

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...