True Grit : Home Business Concepts
Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

True Grit

Posted by Linda | 12:47 PM

"You must pay for everything in this world, one way and another. There is nothing free except the grace of God." After her father is murdered Mattie Ross hires Marshal "Rooster" Cogburn (Bridges) to help bring him to justice. Together the two of them and Texas Ranger LaBoeuf (Damon) begin to track down Tom Chaney. I have to admit I was a little leery about watching this. See the Blu-ray/DVD Combo

I have heard nothing but good things about this movie, but I am a huge John Wayne fan and did not think this sould be re-done. I will admit that Jeff Bridges is a great pick to take over for The Duke. After watching this I noticed that it is nothing like the original at all (it has been a while since I have seen it though), so much so it's almost hard to compare the two.

That being said, I really enjoyed this movie a lot more then I expected to. This is far and away the best western that has come out since "Open Range", and my favorite Coen Brothers movie since "O Brother, Where Art Thou". Bridges does a great job of making the part his own, and Hailee Steinfeld (in a break-out preformance) does a fantastic job of holding her own against the heavyweights of the movie.

If you go in looking for a re-make of the John Wayne version you will be dissapointed. If you are looking for a different take on it then you will enjoy this one. Very, very good movie. Overall I would say that with all the hype behind this movie, it does a good job of living up to it. I give it an A-.

Would I watch again? - I think I would, after watching the original again.

*Also try - Goodnight For Justice & True Grit (The Original)

0 comments
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...